Para ler o FAQ em português, clique aqui
What is the Cargill Global Scholars Program?
The Cargill Global Scholars Program is a distinctive scholarship opportunity that provides financial support in addition to leadership development opportunities through seminars, networking events, and a mentorship program.
Through this scholarship program, Cargill wants to help nourish and build a network of future leaders who can develop new innovations and positively contribute to their communities. This program embodies Cargill’s commitment to improving living standards and promoting vibrant and stable communities around the globe.
There are several key reasons to be a part of the Cargill Global Scholars Program.
- Receive scholarship funding for up to two years to help off-set your undergraduate education expenses
- Participate in Cargill Global Scholars enrichment activities where you will have the opportunity to network with Cargill executives, community and business leaders, and members of the Cargill Global Scholars worldwide network
- Receive academic and professional guidance and counseling from a Cargill leader through the mentorship program
- Join a growing community of future world leaders and visionaries
Who Can Apply?
Applicant eligibility will be determined based on meeting the required criteria:
- Citizen or permanent resident of Brazil.
- Enrollment in one of the 14 partner universities which include:
- Federal University of Ceará (UFC)
- Federal University of Goiás (UFG)
- Federal University of Mato Grosso (UFMT)
- Federal University of Mato Grosso do Sul (UFMS)
- Federal University of Pará (UFPA)
- Federal University of Paraná (UFPR)
- Federal University of São Carlos (UFSCar)
- Federal University of Uberlândia (UFU)
- Federal University of Viçosa (UFV)
- State University of Campinas (UNICAMP)
- State University of Santa Cruz (UESC)
- State University of São Paulo “Júlio de Mesquita Filho” (UNESP)
- University of Brasília (UnB)
- University of São Paulo (USP)
- Undergraduate students in the first two or three years of their studies with a GPA (média global ponderada) indicated on their transcripts (as long as the candidate has at least 2 years of availability as a full-time student to complete the program as of August 2021).
- Demonstrate high academic performance.
- Demonstrate leadership potential through extra-curricular activities/volunteering/paid employment, etc.
Special consideration will be given to applicants who can also demonstrate:
- Financial Need.
- Affiliation with one of the following underrepresented groups: female, Afro descendant, student with disabilities, first generation college student, and other minorities.
- English proficiency (at least level B2) to be able to execute activities in the language.
- Specialization in one of the following fields:
- Electrical Engineering
- Industrial Engineering
- Production Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- Food Science/Food Engineering
- Agronomical Engineering/Agronomy
- Other areas in STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Math) not listed here.
Note: Cargill Global Scholars come from a variety of areas, and we’ve had students from the fields of Law, International Relations, Business Administration, Public Administration, etc.
How Many Scholarships will be Awarded in Brazil?
From the 60 scholarship that will be awarded for the 6 countries where Cargill Global Scholars operates (Brazil, China, India, Indonesia, Russia and the United States), ten (10) will be awarded in Brazil starting on the 2nd semester of 2021.
What are the Scholarship Benefits?
There are substantial benefits to being a Cargill Global Scholar.
- Receive an annual scholarship award of $2,500 for up to two years, to help off-set any academic related expenses.
- Participate in a fully-funded three-day leadership seminar during the first year of the program designed to enhance the scholars’ leadership skills ensuring that each participant’s full potential to effect change is reached at the culmination of the program.
- Participate in a fully funded Global Leadership Seminar to be held at one of Cargill’s global locations during the second year of the program. This activity will bring together all of the Cargill Global Scholars from each cohort from across all of the program countries for a week-long seminar that will involve a series of experiential learning enrichment activities coupled with networking opportunities with Cargill executives.
- Be paired with a Cargill leader who will serve as a mentor. The Cargill mentors will help the scholars identify short and long term academic and professional goals and will assist in reaching these goals through networking, face-to-face meetings and regular email and phone communication.
- Become a member of the Cargill Global Scholars alumni community.
What are the Deadlines & Dates?
- Your completed application should be submitted online by May 26, 2021 23:59 hrs, Brasília Time.
- Interviews will be scheduled with all semi-finalists by mid-July 2021.
- Winners will be notified by late July 2021.
NOTE: If you are selected as a finalist, you must be in Brazil to participate in the 2021 Leadership Seminar to take place by the end of August 2021 in São Paulo.
HOW HAS COVID-19 IMPACTED THE PROGRAM?
The safety and well-being of our Cargill Global Scholars Program participants is of the utmost importance to us. Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, all program activities that had been planned to take place in-person in 2020 were transitioned to take place virtually. We will continue to monitor the COVID-19 pandemic over the coming months to assess whether program activities for 2021 will happen through an in-person or virtual format.
How do I Apply?
Besides your application, you should upload the following requirements:
- Updated resumé (no longer than 2 pages) with a leadership section
- Two (2) letters of recommendation (each with its corresponding form). These letters will be sent by your recommenders through the application platform.
- Official High School Transcript
- Official and updated university transcript with a GPA (média global ponderada). It can also be an official online version.
For more information about the scholarship or for questions, please contact:
Outreach and Selection Team
Institute of International Education
Office for Latin America and the Caribbean (IIE LAC)
Berlin #18, 6o Piso
Col. Juarez, 06600 Mexico, DF
Tel: +52.55.5592.4817: WhatsApp:+52.55.3966.4744
IIE LAC Program Page