Para ler o FAQ em português, clique aqui
What is the Cargill Global Scholars Program?
The Cargill Global Scholars Program is a distinctive scholarship opportunity that provides financial support in addition to leadership development opportunities through seminars, networking events, and a mentorship program.
Through this scholarship program, Cargill wants to help nourish and build a network of future leaders who can develop new innovations and positively contribute to their communities. This program embodies Cargill’s commitment to improving living standards and promoting vibrant and stable communities around the globe.
There are several key reasons to be a part of the Cargill Global Scholars Program.
- Receive scholarship funding for up to two years to help off-set your undergraduate education expenses
- Participate in Cargill Global Scholars enrichment activities where you will have the opportunity to network with Cargill executives, community and business leaders, and members of the Cargill Global Scholars worldwide network
- Receive academic and professional guidance and counseling from a Cargill leader through the mentorship program
- Join a growing community of future world leaders and visionaries
Who Can Apply?
Applicant eligibility will be determined based on meeting the required criteria:
- Citizen or permanent resident of Brazil.
- Enrollment in one of the partner universities which include:
- Federal University of Bahia (UFBa)
- Federal University of Goiás (UFG)
- Federal University of Paraná (UFPR)
- Federal University of São Carlos (UFSCar)
- Federal University of Uberlândia (UFU)
- Federal University of Viçosa (UFV)
- State University of Campinas (UNICAMP)
- State University of Santa Cruz (UESC)
- State University of São Paulo “Júlio de Mesquita Filho” (UNESP)
- University of São Paulo (USP: São Paulo, São Carlos, Ribeirão Preto, Piracicaba-ESALQ, Pirssununga)
- Undergraduate students in the first three years of the program (as long as the candidate has 2 years of availability as a student to complete the program as of July 2019).
- Demonstrate high academic performance.
- Demonstrate leadership potential through extra-curricular activities/volunteering/paid employment.
Special consideration will be given to applicants who can also demonstrate:
- Financial Need.
- Affiliation with one of the following underrepresented groups: Female, Afro descendant, Student with Disabilities, First Generation College Student.
- English proficiency to be able to execute activities in the language.
- Specialization in one of the following fields:
- Electrical Engineering
- Industrial Engineering
- Production Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- Food Science/Food Engineering
- Agronomical Engineering/Agronomy
How Many Scholarships will be Awarded in Brazil?
Ten (10) scholarships will be awarded starting on the 2nd semester of 2019.
What are the Scholarship Benefits?
There are substantial benefits to being a Cargill Global Scholar.
- Receive an annual scholarship award of $2,500 for up to two years, to help off-set any academic related expenses.
- Participate in a fully-funded three-day leadership seminar during the first year of the program designed to enhance the scholars’ leadership skills ensuring that each participant’s full potential to effect change is reached at the culmination of the program.
- Participate in a fully funded Global Leadership Seminar to be held at one of Cargill’s global locations during the second year of the program. This activity will bring together all of the Cargill Global Scholars from each cohort from across all of the program countries for a week-long seminar that will involve a series of experiential learning enrichment activities coupled with networking opportunities with Cargill executives.
- Be paired with a Cargill leader who will serve as a mentor. The Cargill mentors will help the scholars identify short and long term academic and professional goals and will assist in reaching these goals through networking, face-to-face meetings and regular email and phone communication.
- Become a member of the Cargill Global Scholars alumni community.
What are the Deadlines & Dates?
- Your completed application should be submitted online by May 26, 2019 23:59 hrs, Brasília Time
- Interviews will be scheduled with all semi-finalists by mid-July 2019
- Winners will be notified by late July 2019
- PLEASE NOTE: If you are selected as a finalist, you must be in Brazil to participate in the 2019 Leadership Seminar to take place by the end of August 2019 in São Paulo.
How do I Apply?
Besides your application, you should upload the following requirements:
- Updated CV/resumé (no longer tan 2 pages) with a leadership section
- Two (2) letters of recommendation (each with its corresponding form). These letters will be sent by your recommenders through the application platform.
- Official High School Transcript
- Official and updated university transcript with a GPA (it can also be an official online version).
For more information about the scholarship, please contact:
Outreach and Selection Team
Institute of International Education
Office for Latin America and the Caribbean (IIE LAC)
Berlin #18, 6o Piso
Col. Juarez, 06600 Mexico, DF
Tel: +52.55.5592.4817: WhatsApp:+52.55.3966.4744
IIE Program Page
Cargill Global Scholars: Circuito de Palestras Presenciais 2019
Observação: Todas as palestras (presenciais ou online), bem como o processo de solicitação são completamente de graça.
Para se inscrever às palestras presenciais, você precisa enviar um e-mail para firstname.lastname@example.org com seu nome, sobrenome, universidade (UFSCar, FZEA, UFBa ou UESC), horário do seu interesse, e seu curso. Para o registro nas palestras da UNESP, você precisa se registrar por meio do link a seguir: http://bit.ly/2uwX57S
- UNESP- 8 de abril às 10 horas, Vários campi da UNESP (inscrição aqui)
- UFSCar- 9 de abril às 13 horas, Auditório 2 da Biblioteca Comunitária
- USP FZEA- 9 de abril às 17 horas, Sala ZEA 1
- 10 de abril às 8:50 horas, Campus Camaçari ICTI- Sala 2
- 10 de abril às 9:30 horas, Campus Camaçari ICTI- Sala 3
- 10 de abril às 14 horas, Ondina- Auditório João Gonçalves do PAF 1
- UESC- 12 de abril às 10 horas, Auditório da Torre Administrativa
Cargill Global Scholars: Palestras Online (Webinars)
- 02/abril às 13 hr BRT: Cadastro aqui.
- 03/abril às 17 hr BRT: Cadastro aqui.
- 04/abril às 14 hr BRT: Cadastro aqui.