*Para ler o FAQ em português, clique aqui
What is the Cargill Global Scholars Program?
The Cargill Global Scholars Program is a distinctive, two-year leadership development program that provides financial support, in addition to leadership development training and one-on-one mentoring.
The purpose of the Cargill Global Scholars Program is to build a global network of future leaders who will one day make important contributions to advance business, agriculture and food security.
Cargill Global Scholars are students who demonstrate exemplary academic achievements, leadership potential and study in food, agriculture and risk management.
There are several key reasons to be a part of the Cargill Global Scholars Program.
- Receive scholarship funding for up to two years to help off-set your undergraduate education expenses
- Participate in Cargill Global Scholars enrichment activities where you will have the opportunity to network with Cargill executives, community and business leaders, and members of the Cargill Global Scholars worldwide network
*Receive academic and professional guidance and counseling from a Cargill leader through the mentorship program
- Join a growing community of future world leaders and visionaries
Who Can Apply?
Applicant eligibility will be determined based on meeting the required criteria:
- Citizen or permanent resident of Brazil
- Enrollment in one of the partner universities which include:
- Federal University of Goiás (UFG)
- Federal University of Paraná (UFPR)
- Federal University of Rio de Janeiro (UFRJ)
- Federal University of São Carlos (UFSCar)
- Federal University of Uberlândia (UFU)
- Federal University of Viçosa (UFV)
- State University of Campinas (UNICAMP)
- State University of Santa Cruz (UESC)
- University of São Paulo (USP: São Paulo, São Carlos, Ribeirão Preto, Piracicaba-ESALQ, Pirssununga)
- First or second year undergraduate student
- Demonstrate high academic performance
- Demonstrate leadership potential
Special consideration will be given to applicants who can also demonstrate:
- Financial Need
- Affiliation with one of the following underrepresented groups: Female, Afro descendant, Student with Disabilities, First Generation College Student
- English proficiency to be able to execute program activities
- Specialization in one of the following fields:
- Production Engineering
- Industrial Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- Electrical Engineering
- Agronomical Engineering/Agronomy
- Food Science/Food Engineering
How Many Scholarships will be Awarded in Brazil?
Ten (10) scholarships will be awarded starting on the second semester of 2017.
What are the Scholarship Benefits?
There are substantial benefits to being a Cargill Global Scholar.
- Receive an annual scholarship award of $2,500 for up to two years, to help off-set any academic related expenses.
- Participate in a fully-funded three-day leadership seminar during the first year of the program designed to enhance the scholars’ leadership skills ensuring that each participant’s full potential to effect change is reached at the culmination of the program.
- Participate in a fully funded Global Leadership Seminar to be held at one of Cargill’s global locations during the second year of the program. This activity will bring together all of the Cargill Global Scholars from each cohort from across all of the program countries for a week-long seminar that will involve a series of experiential learning enrichment activities coupled with networking opportunities with Cargill executives.
- Be paired with a Cargill leader who will serve as a mentor. The Cargill mentors will help the scholars identify short and long term academic and professional goals and will assist in reaching these goals through networking, face-to-face meetings and regular email and phone communication.
- Become a member of the Cargill Global Scholars alumni community.
What are the Deadlines & Dates?
- Your completed application should be submitted online by April 20, 2017 23:59, Brasília Time
- Interviews will be scheduled with all semi-finalists in May of 2017.
*Winners will be notified in June 2017.
How do I Apply?
Besides your application, you should upload the following requirements:
- Letters of Recommendation
- High School Transcript
- University Transcript