Learn more about the impact the Cargill Global Scholars Program has had on Scholars in India.
What is the Cargill Global Scholars Program?
The Cargill Global Scholars Program is a distinctive, two-year leadership development program that provides financial support, in addition to leadership development training and one-on-one mentoring.
Cargill Global Scholars are students who demonstrate exemplary academic achievements, strong leadership potential and are actively involved in their communities.
Through this scholarship, Cargill aims to nourish and build a network of future leaders who can develop new innovations and positively contribute to their communities.
There are several key reasons to be a part of the Cargill Global Scholars Program.
- Receive scholarship funding for up to two years to help off-set your undergraduate education expenses
- Participate in Cargill Global Scholars enrichment activities where you will have the opportunity to network with Cargill executives, community and business leaders, and members of the Cargill Global Scholars worldwide network
- Receive academic and professional guidance and counselling from a Cargill leader through the mentorship program
- Join a growing community of future world leaders and visionaries
Who Can Apply?
Applicant eligibility will be determined based on meeting the following required criteria.
- Citizen of India
- Enrollment (as a full-time undergraduate student) in one of the participating institutes/colleges:
- Central Agricultural University, Imphal
- H.R. College of Commerce & Economics, Mumbai
- National Dairy Research Institute, Karnal
- Indian Institute of Science, Bengaluru
- Indian Institute of Technology Bombay
- Indian Institute of Technology Delhi
- Indian Institute of Technology Gandhinagar
- Lady Shri Ram College for Women, Delhi
- National Institute of Technology Tiruchirappalli
- Punjab Agricultural University, Ludhiana (Agriculture, Agribusiness Management, Agricultural Engineering & Food Technology students only)
- Second year student pursuing four-year (or more) full-time undergraduate degree program or first year student pursuing three-year full-time undergraduate degree program
- Demonstrate leadership potential
- Demonstrate high academic performance
(Note: Special consideration will be given to female applicants.)
What are the Scholarship Benefits?
There are substantial benefits to being a Cargill Global Scholar.
- Receive an annual scholarship award of $2,500 USD for up to two years, to help off-set any academic related expenses.
- Participate in a fully funded three-day In-Country Leadership Seminar during the first year of the program or virtual seminar equivalent, designed to enhance the scholars’ leadership skills ensuring that each participant’s full potential to effect change is reached at the culmination of the program.
- Participate in a fully funded Global Leadership Seminar to be held during the second year of the program or virtual seminar equivalent. This activity will bring together all the Cargill Global Scholars from each cohort from across all the program countries for a week-long seminar that will involve a series of experiential learning enrichment activities coupled with networking opportunities with Cargill executives.
- Be paired with a Cargill leader who will serve as a mentor. The Cargill mentors will help the scholars identify short and long term academic and professional goals and will assist in reaching these goals through networking, face-to-face meetings and regular email and phone communication.
- Become a member of the Cargill Global Scholars alumni community.
How many scholarships will be awarded in India?
Ten (10) scholarships will be awarded in the 2021-2022 competition cycle.
What Are the Deadlines & Dates?
The Cargill Global Scholars Program application, for 2021-2022 competition cycle in India, is now closed.
- The Cargill Global Scholars Program application for the 2021-2022 cycle in the India, closed on Thursday, March 10, 2022. Details on the next application cycle will be shared on the website in the fall of 2022.
- Interviews will be scheduled with all semi-finalists in early-May 2022 and award winners will be announced by end-June 2022.
- Please note that if selected as a designated finalist, you must be available to participate in the In-Country Leadership Seminar, which will take place either in-person or virtually (exact details TBD). Participation is mandatory – no exceptions.
HOW HAS COVID-19 IMPACTED THE PROGRAM?
The safety and well-being of our Cargill Global Scholars Program participants is of the utmost importance to us. Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, all program activities that had been planned to take place in-person in 2021 were transitioned to take place virtually. We will continue to monitor the COVID-19 pandemic over the coming months to assess whether program activities for 2022 will happen through an in-person or virtual format.
How to Apply?
In addition to your application, you need to provide the following supporting documents:
- Official High school marksheet (class 12)
- Official Institute/College transcript (your name and course names should be clearly visible):
- First year (first and second semester) transcript required for second year students pursuing four-year (or more) undergraduate degree program
- First semester transcript required for first year students pursuing three-year undergraduate degree program. If you anticipate that your first semester transcript will not be available by the application deadline of March 10, 2022, please write to email@example.com to get details of documents you may submit in lieu of first semester transcript.
- Two letters of recommendation (once you register two recommendation providers in your application, they will receive a system generated email with a link to an online reference form. They will need to complete the recommendation online and submit)
- Curriculum Vitae/Resume
The application, and all supporting documents, must be completed in full and submitted by the deadline of Thursday, March 10, 2022, 23:59 hours India Standard Time.