Learn more about the impact the Cargill Global Scholars Program has had on Scholars in Indonesia.
Silahkan klik disini untuk FAQs dalam Bahasa Indonesia
What is the Cargill Global Scholars Program?
The Cargill Global Scholars Program is a distinctive, two-year leadership development program that provides financial support, in addition to leadership development training and one-on-one mentoring.
The purpose of the Cargill Global Scholars Program is to build a global network of future leaders who will one day make important contributions to advance business, agriculture and food security.
Cargill Global Scholars are students who demonstrate exemplary academic achievements, leadership potential and study in food, agriculture and risk management.
There are several key reasons to be a part of the Cargill Global Scholars Program.
- Receive scholarship funding for up to two years to help off-set your undergraduate education expenses
- Participate in Cargill Global Scholars enrichment activities where you will have the opportunity to network with Cargill executives, community and business leaders, and members of the Cargill Global Scholars worldwide network
- Receive academic and professional guidance and counseling from a Cargill leader through the mentorship program
- Join a growing community of future world leaders and visionaries
Who Can Apply?
Applicant eligibility will be determined based on meeting the required criteria.
- Citizen or permanent resident of Indonesia
- Enrollment in one of the partner universities which include:
- Institut Pertanian Bogor (IPB)
- Institut Teknologi Bandung (ITB) – Biology students only
- Institut Teknologi Sepuluh Nopember (ITS) – Biology and Environmental Engineering students only
- Universitas Brawijaya (UB)
- Universitas Diponegoro (UNDIP)
- Universitas Gadjah Mada (UGM)
- Universitas Hasanuddin (UNHAS)
- Universitas Lampung (UNILA)
- Universitas Sebelas Maret (UNS)
- Universitas Sriwijaya (UNSRI)
- Second year undergraduate student (class of 2020) in one of the following fields:
- Accounting (for students of UNHAS, UNILA, UNSRI only)
- Agricultural Technology Related Field
- Agriculture Related Field
- Animal Husbandry Related Field
- Business Management (for students of UNHAS, UNILA, UNSRI only)
- Computer Science (for students of UNHAS, UNILA, UNSRI only)
- Engineering, all included (for students of UNHAS, UNILA, UNSRI only)
- Environmental Engineering
- Fisheries Related Field
- Veterinary Medicine
- Demonstrate high academic performance (with GPA of at least 3.0 (0-4 scale) for semester 1 – 3)
- Involvement in social and student activities, and showing leadership potential
- Demonstrate financial need
- Enroll as a full-time student
- Women and difable are strongly encouraged to apply
How Many Scholarship will be Awarded in Indonesia?
Ten (10) scholarships will be awarded in the 2022 cycle.
What are the Scholarship Benefits?
There are substantial benefits to being a Cargill Global Scholar.
- Receive an annual scholarship award of $2,500 for up to two years, to help off-set any academic related expenses.
- Participate in a fully-funded three-day leadership seminar during the first year of the program designed to enhance the scholars’ leadership skills ensuring that each participant’s full potential to effect change is reached at the culmination of the program.
- Participate in a fully funded Global Leadership Seminar to be held at one of Cargill’s global locations during the second year of the program. This activity will bring together all of the Cargill Global Scholars from each cohort from across all of the program countries for a week-long seminar that will involve a series of experiential learning enrichment activities coupled with networking opportunities with Cargill executives.
- Be paired with a Cargill leader who will serve as a mentor. The Cargill mentors will help the scholars identify short and long term academic and professional goals and will assist in reaching these goals through networking, face-to-face meetings and regular email and phone communication.
- Become a member of the Cargill Global Scholars alumni community.
What Are the Deadlines & Dates?
The Cargill Global Scholars Program application, for 2022 competition cycle in Indonesia, is now open.
- The Cargill Global Scholars Program application for the 2022 cycle in the Indonesia, including supporting documents and letters of recommendation, must be submitted in full by Friday, June 10, 2022 23:59 hours West-Indonesia Standard Time (WIB).
- Interviews will be scheduled with all semi-finalists by the end of August 2022 and award winners will be announced by September 2022.
- Please note that if selected as a designated finalist, you must be available to participate in the In-Country Leadership Seminar, which will take place either in-person or virtually (exact details TBD). Participation is mandatory – no exceptions.
HOW HAS COVID-19 IMPACTED THE PROGRAM?
The safety and well-being of our Cargill Global Scholars Program participants is of the utmost importance to us. Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, part of the program activities that had been planned to take place in-person in 2021 were transitioned to take place virtually. We will continue to monitor the COVID-19 pandemic over the coming months to assess whether program activities for 2022 will happen through an in-person or virtual format.
How to Apply
In order to get started with the application, you will first need to register online and create an account.
In addition to your application, the following supporting documents listed below must be uploaded or attached to your online application form (in either doc/docx/pdf/jpeg format):
- 2 Personal Statements
- University transcript from semester 1-3
- High school transcript record (STTB)
- Two (2) Letters of Reference
- For UNS: each applicant is required to provide 1 reference letter from Office of Vice Rector for Student Affairs and Alumni, UNS. You may contact Ibu Yuni Parwyanti, Kepala Bagian Kesejahteraan dan Alumni, Biro Kemahasiswaan dan Alumni at email@example.com, to process this requirement
- Resume (CV)
- Certification letter
For more information on the scholarship, please contact IIEF through:
Tel: +6221 – 8317330 ext. 109/115 or +62-81385025838 (office hours)
Indonesian International Education Foundation (IIEF)
Menara Imperium Lt.28 Suite C, Jl. HR Rasuna Said, Jakarta 12980