Learn more about the impact the Cargill Global Scholars Program has had on Scholars in Indonesia.
Silahkan klik disini untuk FAQs dalam Bahasa Indonesia
What is the Cargill Global Scholars Program?
The Cargill Global Scholars Program is a distinctive, two-year leadership development program that provides financial support, in addition to leadership development training and one-on-one mentoring.
The purpose of the Cargill Global Scholars Program is to build a global network of future leaders who will one day make important contributions to advance business, agriculture and food security.
Cargill Global Scholars are students who demonstrate exemplary academic achievements, leadership potential and study in food, agriculture and risk management.
There are several key reasons to be a part of the Cargill Global Scholars Program.
- Receive scholarship funding for up to two years to help off-set your undergraduate education expenses
- Participate in Cargill Global Scholars enrichment activities where you will have the opportunity to network with Cargill executives, community and business leaders, and members of the Cargill Global Scholars worldwide network
- Receive academic and professional guidance and counseling from a Cargill leader through the mentorship program
- Join a growing community of future world leaders and visionaries
Who Can Apply?
Applicant eligibility will be determined based on meeting the required criteria.
- Citizen or permanent resident of Indonesia
- Enrollment in one of the partner universities which include:
- Institut Pertanian Bogor (IPB)
- Institut Teknologi Bandung (ITB) – Biology students only
- Institut Teknologi Sepuluh Nopember (ITS) – Biology and Environmental Engineering students only
- Universitas Brawijaya (UB)
- Universitas Diponegoro (UNDIP)
- Universitas Gadjah Mada (UGM)
- Universitas Hasanuddin (UNHAS)
- Universitas Lampung (UNILA)
- Universitas Sebelas Maret (UNS)
- Universitas Sriwijaya (UNSRI)
- Second year undergraduate student in one of the following fields:
- Accounting, preference in Makassar area
- Agriculture Related Field
- Animal Husbandry Related Field
- Environmental Engineering
- Fisheries Related Field
- Veterinary Medicine
- Demonstrate high academic performance (with GPA of at least 3.0 (0-4 scale) for semester 1 – 3)
- Involvement in social and student activities, and showing leadership potential
- Demonstrate financial need
- Enroll as a full-time student
- Women and difable are strongly encouraged to apply
How Many Scholarship will be Awarded in Indonesia?
Ten (10) scholarships will be awarded in the 2021 cycle.
What are the Scholarship Benefits?
There are substantial benefits to being a Cargill Global Scholar.
- Receive an annual scholarship award of $2,500 for up to two years, to help off-set any academic related expenses.
- Participate in a fully-funded three-day leadership seminar during the first year of the program designed to enhance the scholars’ leadership skills ensuring that each participant’s full potential to effect change is reached at the culmination of the program.
- Participate in a fully funded Global Leadership Seminar to be held at one of Cargill’s global locations during the second year of the program. This activity will bring together all of the Cargill Global Scholars from each cohort from across all of the program countries for a week-long seminar that will involve a series of experiential learning enrichment activities coupled with networking opportunities with Cargill executives.
- Be paired with a Cargill leader who will serve as a mentor. The Cargill mentors will help the scholars identify short and long term academic and professional goals and will assist in reaching these goals through networking, face-to-face meetings and regular email and phone communication.
- Become a member of the Cargill Global Scholars alumni community.
What Are the Deadlines & Dates?
The Cargill Global Scholars Program application for the 2020-2021 cycle in Indonesia is now closed.
- The Cargill Global Scholars Program application for the 2021 cycle in Indonesia is closed on June 25, 2021 at 23:59 WIB.
- Semi-finalists from the 2021 Indonesia application cycle will be interviewed by Mid-August 2021, and award winners will be announced by September 2021.
- PLEASE NOTE: if selected as a designated finalist, you must be available to participate in the In-Country Leadership Seminar during the first year of the program or virtual seminar equivalent. The ICS schedule will be finalized after the designated finalist is confirmed.
HOW HAS COVID-19 IMPACTED THE PROGRAM?
The safety and well-being of our Cargill Global Scholars Program participants is of the utmost importance to us. Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, all program activities that had been planned to take place in-person in 2020 were transitioned to take place virtually. We will continue to monitor the COVID-19 pandemic over the coming months to assess whether program activities for 2021 will happen through an in-person or virtual format.
How to Apply
In order to get started with the application, you will first need to register online and create an account.
In addition to your application, the following supporting documents listed below must be uploaded or attached to your online application form (in either doc/docx/pdf/jpeg format):
- 2 Personal Statements
- University transcript from semester 1-3
- High school transcript record
- Two (2) Letters of Reference
- For UNS: each applicant is required to provide 1 reference letter from Office of Vice Rector for Student Affairs and Alumni, UNS. You may contact Ibu Yuni Parwyanti, Kepala Bagian Kesejahteraan dan Alumni, Biro Kemahasiswaan dan Alumni at email@example.com, to process this requirement
- Resume (CV)
- Certification letter
For more information on the scholarship, please contact IIEF through:
Tel: +6221 – 8317330 ext. 109/107/115 (office hours)
Indonesian International Education Foundation (IIEF)
Menara Imperium Lt.28 Suite C, Jl. HR Rasuna Said, Jakarta 12980