Please contact the IIE Moscow office for details on how to apply.
Telephone: +7(495) 966-93-53
What is the Cargill Global Scholars Program?
The Cargill Global Scholars Program is a distinctive, two-year leadership development program that provides financial support, in addition to leadership development training and one-on-one mentoring.
The purpose of the Cargill Global Scholars Program is to build a global network of future leaders who will one day make important contributions to advance business, agriculture and food security.
Cargill Global Scholars are students who demonstrate exemplary academic achievements, leadership potential and study in food, agriculture and risk management.
There are several key reasons to be a part of the Cargill Global Scholars Program.
- Receive scholarship funding for up to two years to help off-set your undergraduate education expenses
- Participate in Cargill Global Scholars enrichment activities where you will have the opportunity to network with Cargill executives, community and business leaders, and members of the Cargill Global Scholars worldwide network
- Receive academic and professional guidance and counseling from a Cargill leader through the mentorship program
- Join a growing community of future world leaders and visionaries
Who Can Apply?
Applicants scholarship must meet several key criteria.
- Citizen or permanent resident of Russia
- Enrollment in one of the partner universities which include:
- Don State Technical University
- Ivanovo State University of Chemistry and Technology
- Kuban State Agrarian University
- Kuban State Technical University
- Kuban State University
- Lipetsk State Technical University
- Orel State Agrarian University
- Russian State Agrarian University – Timiryazev Moscow Agricultural Academy
- South Federal University
- St. Petersburg Academy of Veterinary Science
- Tula State University
- Tyumen State University
- Volgograd State Agrarian University
- Volgograd State Technical University
- Voronezh State Agrarian University
- First or second year university students
- Demonstrate high academic performance
- Demonstrate leadership potential
Special consideration will be given to applicants who can also demonstrate:
- Financial Need
- Affiliation with one of the following underrepresented groups; Female or come from a rural community*
- Specialization in one of the following fields:
- Computer Science
- New Materials and Nanotechnology
* Affiliation with a rural community in Russia will be determined by providing proof of enrollment in a rural school or demonstrating primary residence in a rural community.
How Many Scholarship will be Awarded in Russia?
Ten (10) scholarships will be awarded in the 2017-2018 academic year
What are the Scholarship Benefits?
Each Cargill Global Scholar will receive the following:
- Receive an annual scholarship award of $2,500 for up to two years, to help off-set any academic related expenses.
- Participate in a fully-funded three day leadership seminar during the first year of the program designed to enhance the scholars’ leadership skills ensuring that each participant’s full potential to effect change is reached at the culmination of the program.
- Participate in a fully funded Global Leadership Seminar to be held at one of Cargill’s global locations during the second year of the program. This activity will bring together all of the Cargill Global Scholars from each cohort from across all of the program countries for a week-long seminar that will involve a series of experiential learning enrichment activities coupled with networking opportunities with Cargill executives.
- Be paired with a Cargill leader who will serve as a mentor. The Cargill mentors will help the scholars identify short and long term academic and professional goals and will assist in reaching these goals through networking, face-to-face meetings and regular email and phone communication.
- Membership in the Cargill Global Scholars alumni community.
What Are the Deadlines & Dates?
- The Cargill Global Scholars Program application for the 2017-2018 cycle in the Russia closed on April 2, 2018. Please check back during Fall 2018 for updates on when the 2018-2019 application cycle will open.
- Semi-finalists from the 2017-2018 Russia application cycle will be interviewed via Skype in June 2018, and scholarship winners will be announced by the end of June 2018.
*PLEASE NOTE: if selected as a designated finalist, you must be available to participate in the 2018 Russia In-Country Leadership Seminar which will be held from August 21-24 in Efremov, Tulskiy region, Russia.
How to Apply?
In addition to your application, the supporting documents that must be sent include:
- High School Transcripts (official copy)
- University Transcripts (official copy)
- Two Letters of Reference (form provided)
- Curriculum Vitae/Resume
- Letter of Endorsement from University
- Certification Form (form provided)
- Consent Form (form provided)
For more information on the scholarship, or if you have questions about completing the application, please contact:
The Institute of International Education (IIE), Moscow Representative Office
Address: 8A Strastnoy Boulevard, 4th floor, Moscow, Russia, 125009
Telephone: +7(495) 966-93-53
News and Important Dates