Please contact the IIE Moscow office for details on how to apply.
Telephone: +7(495) 966-93-53
Пожалуйста, нажмите здесь для часто задаваемых вопросов на русском языке
What is the Cargill Global Scholars Program?
The Cargill Global Scholars Program is a distinctive, two-year leadership development program that provides financial support, in addition to leadership development training and one-on-one mentoring.
The purpose of the Cargill Global Scholars Program is to build a global network of future leaders who will one day make important contributions to advance business, agriculture and food security.
Cargill Global Scholars are students who demonstrate exemplary academic achievements, leadership potential and study in food, agriculture and risk management.
There are several key reasons to be a part of the Cargill Global Scholars Program.
- Receive scholarship funding for up to two years to help off-set your undergraduate education expenses
- Participate in Cargill Global Scholars enrichment activities where you will have the opportunity to network with Cargill executives, community and business leaders, and members of the Cargill Global Scholars worldwide network
- Receive academic and professional guidance and counseling from a Cargill leader through the mentorship program
- Join a growing community of future world leaders and visionaries
Who Can Apply?
Applicants scholarship must meet several key criteria.
- Citizen or permanent resident of Russia
- Enrollment in one of the partner universities which include:
- Ivanovo State University of Chemistry and Technology
- Kuban State Agrarian University
- Kuban State Technical University
- Kuban State University
- Omsk State Agrarian University
- Orel State Agrarian University
- Russian State Agrarian University – Timiryazev Moscow Agricultural Academy
- South Federal University
- St. Petersburg Academy of Veterinary Science
- Tula State University
- Tyumen State University
- Volgograd State Agrarian University
- Voronezh State Agrarian University
- First or second year university students
- Demonstrate high academic performance
- Demonstrate leadership potential
Special consideration will be given to applicants who can also demonstrate:
- Financial Need
- Affiliation with one of the following underrepresented groups; Students with disabilities or those who come from a rural community*
- Specialization in one of the following fields:
- Agriculture related field
- Animal related field
- Computer Science
- Environmental Studies
- Food related field
* Affiliation with a rural community in Russia will be determined by providing proof of enrollment in a rural school or demonstrating primary residence in a rural community.
How Many Scholarship will be Awarded in Russia?
Ten (10) scholarships will be awarded in the 2020-2021 academic year
What are the Scholarship Benefits?
Each Cargill Global Scholar will receive the following:
- Receive an annual scholarship award of $2,500 gross for up to two years, to help off-set any academic related expenses.
- Participate in a fully-funded leadership seminar during the first year of the program designed to enhance the scholars’ leadership skills ensuring that each participant’s full potential to effect change is reached at the culmination of the program.
- Participate in a fully funded Global Leadership Seminar during the second year of the program. This activity will bring together all of the Cargill Global Scholars from each cohort across the six program countries for a week-long seminar that will involve a series of experiential learning enrichment activities coupled with networking opportunities with Cargill executives.
- Be paired with a Cargill leader who will serve as a mentor. The Cargill mentors will help the scholars identify short and long term academic and professional goals and will assist in reaching these goals through networking, face-to-face meetings and regular email and phone communication.
- Membership in the Cargill Global Scholars alumni community.
What Are the Deadlines & Dates?
- The Cargill Global Scholars Program application for the 2020-2021 cycle in the Russia closed on Wednesday, March 31, 2021. Details on the next application cycle will be shared on the website in the fall of 2021.
- Semi-finalists from the 2020-2021 Russia application cycle will be interviewed via Zoom in the end of May-June 2021, and scholarship winners will be announced by the end of June 2021.
- PLEASE NOTE: if selected as a designated finalist, you must be available to participate in the In-Country Leadership Seminar to be held in Efremov city, Tula Region in August 2021 or virtual seminar equivalent.
HOW HAS COVID-19 IMPACTED THE PROGRAM?
The safety and well-being of our Cargill Global Scholars Program participants is of the utmost importance to us. Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, all program activities that had been planned to take place in-person in 2020 were transitioned to take place virtually. We will continue to monitor the COVID-19 pandemic over the coming months to assess whether program activities for 2021 will happen through an in-person or virtual format.
How to Apply?
To access the application, visit the Applications page and select the link for Russia.
You cannot submit your application until you reach out to the Russian office and provide your Consent Form. Please fill out the Consent Form, send its scan to email@example.com and a hard copy of the form with your wet signature to IIEOVERSEAS LLC, office 503A,16 bld.1, Tverskaya street, Moscow, Russia, 125009.
Once the Consent Form is received by email, we will update your application, the submission block will be removed, and you will be able to submit your application.
In addition to your application, the supporting documents that must be sent include:
- High School Transcripts (official copy)
- University Transcripts (official copy)
- Two Letters of Reference (form provided)
- Curriculum Vitae/Resume
- Letter of Endorsement from University
- Consent Form (form provided)
The application and all supporting documents must be completed in full and submitted by the deadline of March 31, 2021 at 11:59 PM Moscow Time.
For more information on the scholarship, or if you have questions about completing the application, please contact:
Address: 16 bld.1, Tverskaya street, Moscow, Russia, 125009
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com