Часто задаваемые вопросы
What is the Cargill Global Scholars Program?
The Cargill Global Scholars Program is a distinctive, two-year leadership development program that provides financial support, in addition to leadership development training and one-on-one mentoring.
The purpose of the Cargill Global Scholars Program is to build a global network of future leaders who will one day make important contributions to advance business, agriculture and food security.
Cargill Global Scholars are students who demonstrate exemplary academic achievements, leadership potential and study in food, agriculture and risk management.
There are several key reasons to be a part of the Cargill Global Scholars Program.
- Receive scholarship funding for up to two years to help off-set your undergraduate education expenses
- Participate in Cargill Global Scholars enrichment activities where you will have the opportunity to network with Cargill executives, community and business leaders, and members of the Cargill Global Scholars worldwide network
- Receive academic and professional guidance and counseling from a Cargill leader through the mentorship program
- Join a growing community of future world leaders and visionaries
Who Can Apply?
Applicants scholarship must meet several key criteria.
- Citizen or permanent resident of Russia
- Enrollment in one of the partner universities which include:
- Bryansk State Technical University
- Don State Technical University
- Voronezh State Agrarian University
- Volgograd State Agrarian University
- Ivanovo State University of Chemistry and Technology
- Orel State Agrarian University
- St-Petersburg State Agrarian University
- St. Petersburg Academy of Veterinary Science
- Tula State University
- Tyumen State University
- Kuban State University
- Kuban State Technical University
- Kuban State Agrarian University
- Lipetsk State Technical University
- South Federal University
- First or second year university students
- Demonstrate high academic performance
- Demonstrate leadership potential
Special consideration will be given to applicants who can also demonstrate:
- Financial Need
- Affiliation with one of the following underrepresented groups; Female or come from a rural community*
- Specialization in one of the following fields:
- Computer Science
- New Materials and Nanotechnology
* Affiliation with a rural community in Russia will be determined by providing proof of enrollment in a rural school or demonstrating primary residence in a rural community.
How Many Scholarship will be Awarded in Russia?
Ten (10) scholarships will be awarded in the 2016-2017 academic year
What are the Scholarship Benefits?
Each Cargill Global Scholar will receive the following:
- Receive an annual scholarship award of $2,500 for up to two years, to help off-set any academic related expenses.
- Participate in a fully-funded three day leadership seminar during the first year of the program designed to enhance the scholars’ leadership skills ensuring that each participant’s full potential to effect change is reached at the culmination of the program.
- Participate in a fully funded Global Leadership Seminar to be held at one of Cargill’s global locations during the second year of the program. This activity will bring together all of the Cargill Global Scholars from each cohort from across all of the program countries for a week-long seminar that will involve a series of experiential learning enrichment activities coupled with networking opportunities with Cargill executives.
- Be paired with a Cargill leader who will serve as a mentor. The Cargill mentors will help the scholars identify short and long term academic and professional goals and will assist in reaching these goals through networking, face-to-face meetings and regular email and phone communication.
- Membership in the Cargill Global Scholars alumni community.
What Are the Deadlines & Dates?
- Applications must be submitted in full by no later than April 02, 2017, 23:59 Eastern Standard Time.
- Interviews will be scheduled with all semi-finalists in May 2017.
- Award winners will be announced in June 2017.
How to Apply?
In addition to your application, the supporting documents that must be sent include:
- High School Transcripts (official copy)
- University Transcripts (official copy)
- Two Letters of Reference (form provided)
- Curriculum Vitae/Resume
- Letter of Endorsement from University
- Certification Form (form provided)
For more information on the scholarship, or if you have questions about completing the application, please contact:
The Institute of International Education (IIE), Moscow Representative Office
Telephone: +7 495 935 8353
Fax: +7 495 937 5418
News and Important Dates
Приветствуем новых партнеров программы! В 2016 -17 гг. Липецкий государственный технический университет http://www.stu.lipetsk.ru/ присоединился к числу университетов-партнеров международной программы стипендий от компании Каргилл.
21 февраля 2017 г в 13=00 в ЛГТУ состоится презентация нового конкурса на соискание стипендии от компании Каргилл. Приглашаем студентов первого и второго курсов пообщаться с представителями компании и узнать подробности участия в конкурсе!